This past weekend was one celebration after another!
It constantly amazes me at how excited and amazed I get at the smallest things Kaylee does. I guess I'm one of 'those' mommies!
This weekend was no different.
It started Friday afternoon on our ride home from Athens. Kaylee had begun this past week asking "what's your name?" and she would answer saying her name was Kaylee..... well when I asked her "what's your name?" and she said "Kaylee. . . Kaylee Purvis". I was shocked! She is learning so much!! I proceeded to ask her 'how old are you?' and she said " I 2!" amazing!
Well, Saturday proved to be even more eventful! Chris worked so hard all day (and night!) putting together her new playset! While he was busy working- the 'girls' went shopping.
While out shopping Kaylee told me "I go potty mommy" so off to the public restroom we went! I wasn't quite sure what to expect..... public restrooms aren't my favorite- and the thought of having her touching everything wasn't a great one, but I couldn't deny her the potty with the great job she had been doing.
While out shopping Kaylee told me "I go potty mommy" so off to the public restroom we went! I wasn't quite sure what to expect..... public restrooms aren't my favorite- and the thought of having her touching everything wasn't a great one, but I couldn't deny her the potty with the great job she had been doing.
Much to my surprise she sat on the potty- went pee-pee and gave me a big smile. She was so proud! And so was I! She did this one more time while out shopping. Such a big girl!!
Sunday after church was a little more eventful- at least in the public restroom experience! After eating lunch, she wanted to go potty again, so we headed off to the restroom. Again, she was a pro and had no problems. After she finished and we got her clothes back on, I told her to stand still while mommy went potty. As soon as I started my 'business' she said... in the loudest voice.. 'You did it mommy! yay!! " I know everyone in the ladies room was rolling laughing. I finished up and we went out to wash our hands and the ladies at the sink were just laughing and saying how cute she was. It was embarassing but I had to remind myself that every mother surly goes through that at some point!!
So fast forward to Sunday afternoon and the 'big reveal' of the playground! After Kaylee's nap- we went outside to show her the playground. She absolutly loved it! She ran around and played all afternoon and evening. It was hard to get her to come back in the house!!
Here are a few pictures showing her new backyard playground.... and I have to brag on Chris for a moment and say what a FABULOUS job he did on it!
1 comment:
Yeah for Kaylee! And Yeah for Chris! :) You have such a cute family.
Post a Comment