Sunday, October 19, 2008

Has it really been 2 years?

I sit here thinking back to 2 years ago today. I was told 2 years ago today that I would be induced on Oct. 23, 2006. What joy and excitment. . . and worry. I couldn't wait to meet our precious little girl, yet deep inside I was consumed with those 'first mother' worries about labor and breastfeeding and being a good enough mom. However, from the moment Kaylee was placed on my chest, all of those fears and worries vanished. . .. (not that they haven't reappeared over the last 2 years though).

I sit here tonight listening to a quiet house while my daughter sleeps and my husband is down doing something in the basement and I think back 2 years to what our life was like before Kaylee. . and I simply can't remember it. I can't remember what it was like without her smile or her saying " I luv you mommy!" with that big cheesy grin. I can't remember not reading Cinderella 2-5 times a night or whatever other book she was in love with at the momment. 2 years have come and almost gone. .. Thursday, Kaylee will turn 2. Its so hard for me to believe that while she is turning 2 our newest addition Michael is growing and kicking in my belly as I sit here and type. What excitment I know will come with having a 2nd child's pitter patter footsteps running around our house.


This past friday I took Kaylee to get her 2 year pictures made and I have to say that I am in love with them (and her smile!!). She was so awesome at the shoot and it was a very nice day just her and mommy. I am trying to treasure every mommy-daughter moment I can sneak in these final 14 weeks before Michael is born. Although I can't imagine my life without Kaylee it is still hard for me to imagine it with Kaylee AND Michael, but I know its going to be even more exciting and filled with even more love and joy!


Here are Kaylee's baby pictures, one year pictures and the ones we took Friday. . My how she has grown!! Look for a "Birthday Blog" coming soon!!!
Kaylee- 4 months old


Kaylee- 12months old

These are from Friday- My little girl is 2!!!

1 comment:

The Tittle Family said...

Happy Birthday Kaylee! You are getting so big! We hope you have a great year!