Last weekend my sister and I headed out for our annual "sister's trip". We have been doing these for the past 5 years and it is something I really look forward to every year. We go different places each year and just spend time being girls, sisters and friends. This year was unique cause it was the first year we were both "mommies" and the first time we had both been away overnight from our new babes.
Because we both have small babes at home, and to save a little dough, we opted to go to Atlanta this year instead of the beach or some other far away place. My sister had never been to the Georgia Aquarium and since I have annual passes, we went there, enjoyed the aquarium and also visited the Titanic Exhibit as well. Although I've been countless times to the GA Aquarium this year, I had not been to the Titanic exhibit, and it was very cool.
Because we both have small babes at home, and to save a little dough, we opted to go to Atlanta this year instead of the beach or some other far away place. My sister had never been to the Georgia Aquarium and since I have annual passes, we went there, enjoyed the aquarium and also visited the Titanic Exhibit as well. Although I've been countless times to the GA Aquarium this year, I had not been to the Titanic exhibit, and it was very cool.
Later that afternoon we checked into our hotel and spent 3 hours- yes 3 hours getting ready. Something we could NEVER do with our children- but we did our nails, gave each other facials, talked, laughed and had lots of fun getting ready to go out to "The Cheesecake Factory"!!
After our scrumptious dinner and dessert we had a exciting trip to ...... the SUPER TARGET! yes, there is NO super target here locally so we had to stop! it was so much fun we had to take a few pictures to remember the occasion. We were probably the best dressed gals in there!
I think the favorite part of our trip however was sleeping till 9am on Sunday morning. We haven't done that in MONTHS... well, for me YEARS.. so we greatly enjoyed it. We got up, had a wonderful breakfast in the hotel and went out for a bit more shopping before coming home.
Overall, it was a wonderful weekend we shared. I am so blessed to have a sister that I can say is my best friend, one whom I look forward to seeing as often as I can. I love our yearly trips and I can't wait till we start planning our next one!
Love ya sis- thanks for a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment