Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It was one of those mommy moments!!

Well, for those of you who read frequently you've probably noticed that I stopped posting about our 'potty training' adventure. That's because its been on hold for the last few months and we haven't made much progress... hopefully we'll get closer to being trained soon though.

Anyways- on to today's story!
Today Kaylee had her usual check up at the dentist. We got all loaded up in the car... 2 kids, 2 bags and the stroller. We were all set and even EARLY to the appointment- I was so proud!
We get our name called and I round up the kids up and get Kaylee headed back to the 'town village chairs' (our dentist is set up like a little town).. and one of the dentist techs tell me... 'um I think she needs a change'... I look down and sure enough her pants are 'oozing'... yep.. 'oozing'. she had pooped in her pants and it was everywhere! I rush her off to the bathroom to assess the damage and it was B-A-D! her pull ups were full, it was all over her pants, socks, legs everywhere!! It was so embarrassing. The techs were so nice, bringing me a bag for all the 'trash' and her wet clothes. . After I get her cleaned up, I step out to tell them that she has nothing on but a shirt and pull up- her pants are ruined and I didn't pack a back up pair... they were so nice- they said- "wont bother us if it doesn't bother you... we've had this happen several times with potty training kids!"... so out walks my cute little girl with nothing but her shirt and pull up :)

Kaylee did great at the dentist- and her teeth are great! She was such a big girl!! (This is her 3rd time and they do a little more each time.. this time they even flossed!!)

Sooooo when it came time to leave, I put her shoes back on ( no socks remember) and we walk back out to the car, her on one hand and pushing the stroller with the other. It was quite a site! Several of the men in the parking lot doing construction just stared at us!!
It was one of those moments where I didn't know if I should laugh or cry... so I laughed!! All the way home I just laughed as I looked back at my little girl strapped in her car seat with nothing but her shirt, pull ups and shoes on happy as she could be holding her balloons.

It was quite a day!

3 comments:

The Tittle Family said...

aww! how cute! one for the memory books huh? those are the days when you say "this is my life.. how crazy it is! never a dull moment!" oh, the joy of raising kids"

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

i read this on thursday morning and told my mother and we just laughed--we both totally feel for you!! i can't even imagine!!

Shelley said...

Stuff like this used to happen to me so often that I started keeping a backup outfit for EVERY child AND myself, LOL, in a bag in the back of the van. Hasn't happened in a while though, and I've removed the bag. Keep your fingers crossed for me! And I'm so glad you were able to laugh. :)