Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July- Peachtree Road Race

Most of you should remember back at the first of 2010, our new years resolution was to run and excerise more.. with an ultimate goal of running the Peachtree Road race on the 4th in Atlanta. (its a 10k or 6.2 miles)

Well.... Sunday was the 4th and YES we did it!!! We ran the Peachtree road race, along with 55,000 other people and FINISHED in a time of 1 hr and 20 Min!!! Out of 55,000 people we finished 32,300! Not too bad if I say so myself!

The peachtree in itself is quite an experience! From all the crowds cheering you on, to all the vendors handing out stuff along the race route to the music from the bands on the streets. It was so much fun! I was worried about running with so many people... but it was really cool to see everyone having so much fun!
I'm so proud of us for sticking to a plan, and achieving our goals! I would have NEVER imagined I would run the peachtree road race... .but we are now considering making it a yearly tradition!!


here are a few pics from the race experience. . . I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th-
I know we did!!

Our numbers the night before the race! We had so much fun getting ready for it!

The starting line... It was amazing to see that large flag hanging over the start, hearing the national anthem and seeing a flyover right before the race started!!



Ready to run!

Just before our race wave "H" hit the start line



Just after crossing the finish line. You can't tell but we are absolutly soaking wet (from a combination of sweat and all the misters/water guns along the race route!)!

No comments: