Monday, July 27, 2009

The Lazy Days seem to be returning!!!

Well, its been 3 weeks since the "bee incident" and we are finally starting to make progress with Kaylee and her being outside fear. We've made a 'bug book' of pages Kaylee has colored with different insects that are 'scary or not scary'. She likes knowing what bug is outside when she sees it and knowing if its scary or not.
Today, we spent almost 2 hours total througout the day outside playing, blowing bubbles, playing "catch" and ridding her 'bike' down the driveway. It is so nice to be back outside! Kaylee is also starting to understand she is okay even when bugs are around. I was so proud of her today, there was a BEE flying around us and I shooed it away and she just stood still then said "thanks mommy!". No melt down, no freak out- it was so nice!
With 3 weeks left till I start back to teaching 2 nights a week, I am looking forward to spending most of our remaining 'summer' days outside and in the pool as much as we can! Thanks to everyone for your prayers, advice and helpful tips during these last few weeks with Kaylee.

No comments: