How a week changes things!
Although we knew that I was schedule to be induced on the 21st, our little boy had other plans in mind. Tuesday, Jan. 20th at 5am I woke up to my water breaking. At first I didn't know for sure that was what it was, but after calling my dr, we were told to head off to the hospital. We got Kaylee dressed and dropped her off at daycare and arrived at the hospital around 7:45am. It wasn't until almost 10am though that they decided I was indeed in labor and was finally admitted. I was 2cm, 50% effaced and my water was broken.... we were on our way to meet our little boy!! We spent the morning watching the inauguration waiting for my contractions to pick up. Needless to say, I'll never forget where I was when Mr. Obama took office, although, honestly I can't remember much of what he said of what happened during the ceremony :)
By noon, the family had arrived and I was 3 cm, and 80% effaced and Michael had dropped to a 0 station. Labor was going smoothly and quicker than with Kaylee.
At around 4:30 pm, I was 8cm- 100% and a +1 station and was begging for my epidural. Around 5:15 I finally had my pain relief and the dr said it wouldn't be much longer till we were pushing.
After about 15min of pushing, Michael arrived at 6:47pm weighing 8lbs, 5oz and was 20.5 inches long. He was the most handsome little boy I had ever seen!! He had a head full of hair and I'll never forget the moment he was laid on my chest.
After about 15min of pushing, Michael arrived at 6:47pm weighing 8lbs, 5oz and was 20.5 inches long. He was the most handsome little boy I had ever seen!! He had a head full of hair and I'll never forget the moment he was laid on my chest.
After things had been cleaned up, we brought in big sister Kaylee to meet Michael, and although she did look at her brother she was more concerned about her mommy- and why I couldn't get out of bed. Shortly after our family of four had been acquainted, the rest of our family slowly came back to meet Michael. It was a wonderful evening, and things have only gotten better as the week has continued.
So, today, 5 days later, I sit in my living room with my wonderful husband, sweet 2yr old little girl and my precious baby boy, hanging out together, just the four of us... and life seems so complete. I'm overjoyed at the blessings in my life and so grateful that God has entrusted me with these 2 precious children to raise. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us as we grow together.
Here are a few pictures from this week and you can view plenty more on our photo site.
3 comments:
So sweet! I'm so happy for all of you. I know he hasn't been with you long but doesn't it feel like you've always known him? God is so good!
How sweet! I am so glad that the birth of little Michael went smoothly! You have such a precious family!
Too cute! So happy for you guys!
Post a Comment