Monday, May 5, 2008

Like mother, like daughter....

This coming weekend is Mother's day weekend, and as I look back over my last year being a mom, I can't help but to reflect back to memories of my mom from when I was a child. I always thought my mom was the coolest mom (okay, so excluding those teenage years maybe!) but for the most part my mom was so wonderful. She always had the funnest things for us to do, and although looking back now I know we didn't have as much as those kids around us, but I never knew the difference when I was growing up cause I never felt 'without'. I think that is mostly because of Love.. I was never without love.
I'm so gratful for my mother and all that she taught me and is still teaching me now that I am a mom. I don't know what kind of person, mother, wife or friend I'd be without my mom's influence!

So, here are a just a few pictures of me and my mom....

Me learning to walk- around 10m I think?



My first birthday....

Easter (probably late 1980's)


And here are some pics of me and my daughter- Kaylee who is now 1.5 yrs old!















Here's a pic of all three of us together... I can't wait to visit with my mom this weekend and remind her in person just how much I love her and how thankful I am to have her for a mommy!!! I fully believe now that you will never fully appreciate your mother until you become a mommy yourself and realize all that she did and sacrificed for you.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: