Last night after dinner we went outside to enjoy the benifits of daylight savings time!!! (yay!)
I decided it was time to 'tiddy' up my herb garden in the backyard, so I started triming some of them back and removing the leaves from around the herbs Kaylee decided she would help mommy out as well. It was so cute! She would come over and copy whatever I would do. She must have also thought that Dooley (our dog) needed some more leaves and garden dirt in his pen, cause she would grab a handful and take them over and drop them in his pen. It was so cute! Afterwards, we both smelled like a mixture of rosemary, pepermint and chives, but it was so much fun and so cute!!
My herb garden has been such a blessing, I love having fresh herbs and berries during the year! I already have a few strawberries already starting to put out and all my herbs except for my basil came back from last year! I can't wait to have another summer with fresh herbs and berries in my own back yard!! This year I am going to add Parsley to my herb garden, and get another basil plant. Last year I had two basil's but they just got so big I couldn't use them all!!
I didn't get any new pictures yesterday, but just had to share how my little girl loves to help mommy out... :)
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sweet thing! Kids love gardening, don't they?
I had herbs last year, but they were shriveled up by the drought. Watering ban came early in Barrow Co. Think I'll try again this year. Seems like the water table is rising again! Yay!
Wow! I am proud...herbs! I am not that adventurous! Good luck this year!
Post a Comment