We went for Michael's 6 month check up on his Lazy Eye last Thursday. I went expecting to hear these words, but they were still a little tough to swallow. . . Michael needs to do eye patch for the next three months. . . starting tomorrow.
He is now set to do patch therapy for the next 3 months... he wears the patch for a straight 48 hours, and takes it off for 24. It is a adhesive 'band-aid' type patch. The doctor said kids his age are too smart for the over the glasses patch.. meaning they realize they can move the glasses and see, and that is what they will do- so we have to go with the adhesive ones. He HATES, and I do mean every part of that word- HATES band-aids. I've never known a kid like that, but we are not saying the 'b' word, nor showing him the box they come in, because all though they are specific eye patches for toddlers, they look just like "band-aids".
The first morning was a little rough, but after that, he has done very well. We went with a pirate theme when putting it on.. calling him pirate Michael laughsalot. . . It amazes me how he just goes on with life, playing, running, enjoying life with only one eye (and not his 'good' eye) open.
It made me think, how often I stop or give up when things get hard, or perhaps I can't see the outcome clearly. . . yet here is a 2 yr old... who CAN'T see clearly with what he is being 'forced' to look through... yet he keeps going, and it hasn't really slowed him down. He trusts that mommy and daddy know what's best, and just keeps on going. . Oh how I long to do the same with my heavenly Father. . Trust even when I can't see clearly. . or easily. Trust Him because HE knows best... and is guiding the way.
Keep praying for Michael's eye to heal and for this patch therapy to really do the trick. We love you all!
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment