Thursday, May 26, 2011

Our Surprise Disney Vacation!




Well, its been a week, and I think I'm finally coming off my 'fairytale' cloud and back to reality, so time to blog about our WONDERFUL disney vacation!I'll start out by saying that surprising the kids, was the BEST way to go! It was so much fun for us as parents to plan it, and so wonderful to see their happy faces when they found out the news!We woke up early Sunday morning- 3:00am and were pulling out of our driveway at 3:55am. The kids were back asleep by around 4:30 and stayed that way till about 8am which was when we were down around the Perry area. We made incrediable time!We got to the orlando area around 11:30, and pulled over for a lunch/potty break.... got back on the road, and once we started seeing several Disney billboards, we knew we had to break the news to the kids (The can't read, but they DO know their disney characters!!They were SO thrilled! It was amazing to see them get so excited although I really don't think they knew what to expect untill we actually went!

We got to our condo at Wyhdam Bonnet Creek around 2pm but our room wasn't ready so we drove over to Downtown Disney- and they were having a Masters Car weekend with a Car show, AND the main characters from the CARS movie there! Michael was in heaven!!!Once we got to the resort we went swimming and when we got back to our room, we could watch the Epcot and Magic Kingdom Fireworks from our balcony! What a treat!! The kids were so excited!
We spent a total of 2 days in Magic Kingdom and it was amazing! The kids were just in awe of everything walking down main street- and then the first glimpse of the Castle was PRICELESS!We did SO much on our first day and the kids loved every second! For those people who say they want to wait till their kids can remember it all- I say- DON"T! Kaylee and Michael might not remember it all when they are older, but mommy and daddy will, and it was priceless! They are the perfect age to go! Michael LOVED Mickey- and I mean L_O_V_E_D! Kaylee enjoyed meeting all the Princesses' and riding rides. :) Her favorite ride was Splash Mountain and The Magic Carpet ride.
When we weren't at the park, we spent alot of time in the resort pools, which was really nice :)
We also did 2 character meals. One was at 1900 ParkFare in the Grand Floridian which had the entire cast of Cinderella there. Kaylee loved this and got to dress up like Cinderella for the dinner. The other one was at Ohana's located at the Polynesian resturant with Mickey Mouse, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch as the guests. It was quite a blast... of course Michael couldn't get his eyes


off Mickey!
I can't imagine our vacation any more perfect than it was. The weather was nice- sunshine every day, temps in the mid 80s with a breeze, the crowds weren't bad, and the kids were a blast and it was just perfect! Here are a few of my favorite pics from the trip. I can't post them all cause I took over 300!! But this should give you a good overview..


No comments: