Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Personal best!

This past weekend was the 8th Annual Commerce Star light Road race. Chris and I ran it, along with Chris's sister Lisa-


It was a great morning for a race, not too hot, and my favorite part of this particular course was, it was litterally a mile from my house, and it was FLAT! After our last 2 really hilly races, this was a nice break!

Chris and I achieved a personal best on this race- 38:24! We have been working hard to increase our speed (okay, I have... chris could run much faster than me, but he always stays beside me during the race!... thanks sweetie!), and it has finally paid off!


It was a great race!!

After the race, we returned home, cleaned up and headed back to downtown commerce for the festival activities. It was such a fun morning!! The kids loved all the activities and it was alot of fun to share as a family.

Later that evening we had invited family and friends over for a cookout and to watch the fireworks which you can see from right across the street from our house. It was a wonderful afternoon!!



here are some wonderful pictures from our wonderful Saturday!!















In just 5 days chris and I will do what we set out to do as part of our new years resolution- run (/walk) the peachtree road race! We are so excited!!!

No comments: