the University System of Georgia plans to reduce the 2010 budget.
If you haven't read what's going on- here is the link in the athens banner herald.
One of the biggest cuts involves my beloved Georgia 4-H program. I just can't imagine not having summer camp, or DPA or all the other wonderful 4-H get togethers at Rock Eagle.
I'm asking my fellow blog readers to contact their local representatives and tell them your experiences in Ga. 4-H and how much it impacted your lives.
Here are some numbers to call:
If you haven't read what's going on- here is the link in the athens banner herald.
One of the biggest cuts involves my beloved Georgia 4-H program. I just can't imagine not having summer camp, or DPA or all the other wonderful 4-H get togethers at Rock Eagle.
I'm asking my fellow blog readers to contact their local representatives and tell them your experiences in Ga. 4-H and how much it impacted your lives.
Here are some numbers to call:
House Committe Chairman Brooks Coleman 404-656-9210
Senate Committe Chairman Dan Weber- 404-463-2260
Gov. Perdue's office-404-656-1776
Rep. Tommy Benton: 706.367.5891
Sen. Ralph Hudgens: (404) 656-4700
I know that I will be spending some time doing this today.
After all 4-H did for me, its the least I can do.
Update 12:30 noon: I've already called most of these listed above- 2 of them had no idea about 4-H getting cut!! Make those calls!!!!!
Save Georgia 4-H!!!!!
Save Georgia 4-H!!!!!

1 comment:
You are awesome Linda!
Post a Comment